Re: Embedding Marketo forms on Wordpress

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Ya, not allowed, though... no links to our own products or email addresses. The idea is you build reputation by solving people's probs, and that in turn can make people seek you out.

On a technical level, you should consider that your plugin (like Grazitti's, and any other server-side plugin like this that I'm aware of) consumes a REST call for each anonymous session, so anyone can trivially break it for the rest of the day -- and break all other integrations across the Marketo instance -- by trickling in at most 1/2 hour of traffic. 

In 2018, everyone must expect attacks on their corporate website; everyone is a target, not just "controversial" sites. Sure, at some scale, a DoS vulnerability will always exist. But that scale shouldn't be a single bad actor with a few minutes to spare. That's why I don't consider these approaches prime-time-ready.

This isn't to say, by the way, that your plugin isn't superior to the other REST-based solutions! But REST isn't the way to do this. Any solution must have as its baseline the same capacity as native Marketo PreFill.

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I use wordpress with embedded forms. we, too, wanted to pre-fill the forms and ran through this exact same scenario a few years ago. Basically we ended up taking the route of 'known visitor' to bypass all form fields -- thus sacrificing any progressive profiling we want to do, but opted for the better CX than data. It's an easy dropdown option to activate and ultimately just gives the end user a button to push (less intimidating).

Boone_White1
Level 2

Hi JD,

We are also looking to do the "known visitor" experience on our embedded Marketo landing pages. Did you actually embed this experience? Or did you use this on Marketo landing pages?

Sanford Whiteman​ our web developer and I have been reviewing this approach: Form Pre-Fill. External sites. No limits. You're welcome. Does the "known visitor" approach work with this type of prefill?

SanfordWhiteman

KV doesn't even need Pre-Fill.

Boone_White1
Level 2

Really? Is it an out of the box option for an embedded Marketo forms?

SanfordWhiteman

Sure, since switching the displayed HTML based on whether the lead is known or not doesn't require that you know any particular characteristics of that lead. Look under Setup in Form Editor.

Boone_White1
Level 2

Okay, thanks! I'll test this out with my web developer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are certified plugins that do this on Launchpoint, just search for 'Wordpress'. Just make sure you look for solutions with reference customers with high volume, that will help you filter out the low quality ones.

Nick_Weirens
Level 2

It seems like Grazitti and Hoosh are the two main players here who do form prefill, blog integration and some other stuff with Wordpress. Does anyone have any recommendations on which is better? or does anyone have any experience with these? Hoosh seems to be way more expensive though

Brooke_Bartos1
Level 6 - Champion

I've only used Grazitti, I don't have experience with Hoosh so I cannot speak to their capabilities or pricing.