SOLVED

Re: Embedded Marketo Form Stuck on "Please Wait"

Go to solution
Steve_Lella
Level 2

Embedded Marketo Form Stuck on "Please Wait"

Please note that this issue may or may not be related to my previous ticket: Marketo Landing Pages stuck on Please Wait

I have embedded Marketo forms on various webpages. For example—This Page

When a user tries to submit this embedded form, the form gets stuck on "Please Wait" and the Thank You page never appears. As was the case in my previous ticket, I had some antiquated javascript to track form fills in GA. I deleted that code, published the page, and unfortunately the page still gets stuck. I also cleaned up my GTM instance of extraneous tags, but no help either. The silver lining is that the form data properly posts to Marketo and SFDC.

In case some tech bits are needed:

• we tried this on a few different machines, all using Windows and on Chrome and Firefox browsers
  • this portion of our website is built on Drupal 7
  • one user was tethered into our network, and another user was using the VPN to connect to the network

What could be causing embedded forms to send data but not show users our Thank You page? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Steve

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I filled out the form and was taken to the Thank You as expected:

pastedImage_0.png

This works in Chrome 5x and Firefox 4x.

Have you changed the config since you started this thread?

What are the exact version of Chrome and Firefox in which you're repro'ing this?

What could be causing embedded forms to send data but not show users our Thank You page?

Aside from a broken onSuccess listener as noted in your other thread, you can have other listeners (like here you have a decorative onBeforeUnload listener on the window) which can readily mangle things. Certain ways of redirecting to non-SSL pages to SSL pages can also exit silently. But I don't see the symptoms here yet.

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman

And I've heard that removing the ".html" from the LP actually fixed the issue.

That's 100% not the cause. The returned HTML for those to URLs is identical.

The definite cause is here:

2021-03-01 14_16_21-Unternehmen nachhaltig und erfolgreich transformieren — Firefox Developer Editio.png

Your onSuccess will error out (leading to the button stopping at "Please Wait") if the profile variable does not exist in scope.

You need to make sure (a) the profile exists in the same scope regardless of when it loads and also (b) that your success behavior doesn't absolutely depend on profile existing, as BlueConic JS could potentially be blocked.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman

I filled out the form and was taken to the Thank You as expected:

pastedImage_0.png

This works in Chrome 5x and Firefox 4x.

Have you changed the config since you started this thread?

What are the exact version of Chrome and Firefox in which you're repro'ing this?

What could be causing embedded forms to send data but not show users our Thank You page?

Aside from a broken onSuccess listener as noted in your other thread, you can have other listeners (like here you have a decorative onBeforeUnload listener on the window) which can readily mangle things. Certain ways of redirecting to non-SSL pages to SSL pages can also exit silently. But I don't see the symptoms here yet.

Steve_Lella
Level 2

Hi Sanford,

Thanks for reviewing this thread as well. I didn't change anything since I started this thread. What I think happened is you saw a fresh version of the page without the onSuccess bit, and I was testing a cached version of the page (even in Incognito mode).

I've since refreshed all caches, and voila! All my embedded & popup forms are functioning properly .

Thank you so very much for all your help, Sanford.

Steve

nmoore
Level 2

I was having the same issue. Took me a long time to figure out it was related to caching. So I'm having to hard refresh/clear cache every time in development. It's rather annoying if you've been filling out all the fields to test and then realize you have to hard refresh. Is there any way around this?

SanfordWhiteman

If caching clears it up, then there's still something wrong with your code... this isn't normal behavior. Please provide a link to your page.
Michael_Florin
Level 10

I hear our customers complaining about the exact same phenomenon. I can't even replicate it, but there must be something out there.

Here's an example page:

And I've heard that removing the ".html" from the LP actually fixed the issue. Like so:

https://lp.logmeininc.com/EMEA_DE_Digital-Work-Culture-eBook_LP

I certainly haven't understood the issue yet.

SanfordWhiteman

And I've heard that removing the ".html" from the LP actually fixed the issue.

That's 100% not the cause. The returned HTML for those to URLs is identical.

The definite cause is here:

2021-03-01 14_16_21-Unternehmen nachhaltig und erfolgreich transformieren — Firefox Developer Editio.png

Your onSuccess will error out (leading to the button stopping at "Please Wait") if the profile variable does not exist in scope.

You need to make sure (a) the profile exists in the same scope regardless of when it loads and also (b) that your success behavior doesn't absolutely depend on profile existing, as BlueConic JS could potentially be blocked.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Thank you very much, Sanford, for your thorough response. I really appreciate it! 

I'll forward this to our coding guy.