Re: Embedded 2.0 Form Noscript Solution

Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Embedded 2.0 Form Noscript Solution

I'm curious if anyone utilizes the embedded forms feature with the 2.0 forms, and if so, if you've also applied a solution for visitors with javascript disabled?

I assume the only real solution is to add some <noscript></noscript> that encourages the visitor to enable javascript?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Or directs them to a catch-all form page with a Forms 1.0 form.

Honestly, if someone has JS disabled, do you really want them as your customer? 😉

Matt_Stone2
Level 9

In general, I agree with you... same goes for people using anything other than a modern browser... but unfortunately I can't make that decision 😞

That being said, the reason I even posed the question was I had a prospect contact me because she couldn't see a form and it seems more like a company policy than anything else.

I went ahead and added some <noscript>, which I guess is better than nothing.
Trish_Voskovitc
Level 5

so is another solution to use 1.0 forms when embedding? 
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Trish -- if you want to make sure everyone will see your form, you can just use an iFrame that contains a landing page with a 1.0 or 2.0 form.
Trish_Voskovitc
Level 5

iframes tend to no look like they are part of site though right?

another issue we have had is crawlers finding the form on our site and us getting a bunch of bogus submissions.

was hoping using the official marketo embed code would help - that the code has something in it to block crawlers??