SOLVED

Embed video in email

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Embed video in email

Hi all,
Is there any way I can embed  a video that resides in the design studio into an email?

Thanks.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Embed video in email

Hi Scott,

Unfortunately you are unable to embed videos into emails.  Email clients don't allow things like video or javascript to be embedded, for security reasons.  My recommendation would be that you take a screenshot of the video or make an icon of some sort, then make that image a hyperlink and link it to the video.

Hope this helps!

-Kenny

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Scott,

Unfortunately you are unable to embed videos into emails.  Email clients don't allow things like video or javascript to be embedded, for security reasons.  My recommendation would be that you take a screenshot of the video or make an icon of some sort, then make that image a hyperlink and link it to the video.

Hope this helps!

-Kenny
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not all users can receive html emails and text emails can't have embedded videos.  Unfortunately, Marketo doesn't support file attachements in emails either. As Kenny suggested, you can put a link to a web page with a video in your emails.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Campaign Monitor has a good primer on this: http://www.campaignmonitor.com/resources/will-it-work/video/

Key takeaway: video is again becoming available to embed in emails with HTML5, but its probably not worth the investment for most companies.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

[deleted]
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a really great article that Steven posted.  I would also reccomend perusing Campaign Monitor's Blog and Resources section for other very good information in regards to email marketing and the like.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Gang, 

We have got video succesfully working outside of Marketo into some mail clients. However as soon as we upload into Marketo the video effort is disabled. 

Does anyone know what could be causing this or if Marketo is just not supporting video? 

Please let me know!