Re: Emails on Cryptocurrency Topics Not Getting Through?

Kat_Narvaez
Level 2

Emails on Cryptocurrency Topics Not Getting Through?

Hello,

We write unbiased content on Blockchain Technology and cryptocurrency (among many other topics) and we email our subscribers when we have new content. But we noticed that the test (sample) email for one article in specific which was pretty crypto heavy was falling into our spam folders (we tested different emails). Not sure if it was because of the crypto theme, though? We tested an older email and it went through fine.

When this particular email actually went out, the open rate was just a little bit below our average, so not bad enough to raise a flag.

My question is, have any of you noticed any problems sending emails with these topics? Or have you had issues like this?

Thanks,

Kat

2 REPLIES 2
Brooke_Bartos1
Level 6 - Champion

I would venture to guess that is has a lot to do with the topic and the number of times the phrase is being used, that it is triggering as SPAM. There has been a huge uptick in phishing emails related to crypto and some ESP's have tightened down what emails are getting through to the inbox as a result. Cryptocurrency emails were some of the top scam emails in the last year.

Kat_Narvaez
Level 2

Thanks Brooke. This is what we suspect. We sent a much shorter email today on the same topic, but with a lot less mentions. So I'm thinking that, like yous aid, it might be the number of times we used a certain phrase.