Re: Emails not delivering to personal email addresses

audreyhuo
Level 1

Emails not delivering to personal email addresses

I have a smart campaign where it's set to send someone an email after they fill out a form, however the email won't deliver unless it's a business email. I looked and there are no form restrictions or anything saying that the email cannot send unless it's a business email. Any ideas as to why?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Can you supply more detail here, please?

You say the emails are not delivering — do you mean they have a Sent Email in the Activity Log, but no Delivered Email? If so, after 24 hours there should at least be a Bounced Email. 

Britney_Young1
Level 3 - Champion

It is possible for the email could be going to spam for email addresses that are not business emails. Did you check your spam/junk folder. Also I know with email clients like gmail, if you're using a different from address name from what's in your from email address it will likely go to spam. For example if it looked like this: John Smith <marketing@email.com>

SanfordWhiteman

John Smith <marketing@email.com>

This ubiquitous From: header setup will not have any effect on deliverability. 

Britney_Young1
Level 3 - Champion

I was just referring to what I've seen happen with gmail. We tested using the person's actual name and email address vs. their name and a marketing email address, and we found that when it was not their name and their email address it would sometimes go to spam for gmail. 

SanfordWhiteman

I'd urge you to retest this using full controls, i.e. control for the use of the marketing@ email address.