Re: Emails breaking in Outlook 2013

Anonymous
Not applicable

Emails breaking in Outlook 2013

I’ve created a handful of email templates that work fine in Outlook 2010, yahoo, gmail and Hotmail, but break in Outlook 2013. Has anyone else had this same issue with emails breaking in Outlook 2013?
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope not yet. This is why I kept our templates as easy as possible. Mostly because of the horrific html/css interpretation of Microsoft. I'd advise to use EmailOnAcid to check your emails. It also provides feedback for improvements per browser/client/device combination.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure about Outlook 2013 specifically, but this is a handy guide I like to keep around when creating email templates. http://www.campaignmonitor.com/css/
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having a massive problem with Outlook 2013. There's a hack to make background images work for Outlook, however Marketo seems to strip the information needed for the hack from the template when sending out the email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured a work around that involves a couple <td>'s with set width <div> containers that hold the place on the margins and other areas through the layout. I tried ths instead of using margins. I also figured out that with all the different email clients out there rendering code differently - Outlook - you have to add both HTML styling and inline CSS. That way you cover all your bases.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having some major problems with the Marketo responsive design templates on Outlook 2013. 

Marketo - Could you fix them so they render on Outlook 13? They worked fine on Outlook 2010.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Markus,

Did you figure out a workaround with any of the Marketo templates? I've been using Flowerpower a lot, and it's looking really crappy on Outlook 2013.