Email template with remote content

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email template with remote content

Dear all,

I'd like to include some *really* dynamic content in my e-mail templates. 

What I mean is that for each specific e-mail recipient, I'd like to put some specific picture (that would represent a graph with their latest activity), some specific statistics about their activity in the last x days, etc.

What I could do is implement some type of REST service that would be able to provide that information, but then, how can I "pull" that information within the template?

For pictures, I'd imagine I could simply use a href= pointing to some sophisticated hidden URLs that would contain the SFDC id but for other items (text, numbers, etc.) how could i do that?

Thanks for sharing your ideas. Cheers,

sacha
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Re: Email template with remote content

Sacha,

please find here a discussion on how to have a unique visual per recipient.
if you have a tool that can put together the info you collected on a lead to create a visual with a static url.
you could create a custom field and populate it with those unique urls. you can then add a token in your picture properties that calls this custom field.

Cécile @ Talend
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email template with remote content

Bonjour Cécile,

Thanks for the suggestion. But we are trying to find a solution that would be more dynamic i.e. we want Marketo to perform a remote call for each of those e-mail to a remote system i.e. we want marketo to PULL information and not have us PUSH data into Marketo fields beforehand as the marketing team could be initiating an e-mail campaign at any point in time (and so would end up relying on "old" data). 

However, I just realized that a few days ago, "WebHooks" were introduced: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L8wi

They might be a step in the right direction if we can make sure to find a way to trigger a webhook call for every person that is about to receive an e-mail - that's the trigger part I am still unclear about i.e. how to do it for a LIST of leads and not just for a unique lead (since the e-mail blast will be sent to a list, not just to a unique lead)

Thanks,

sacha