Re: Email template loses all CSS when edited.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email template loses all CSS when edited.

Hi, When someone tries to make edits to a template I built the css styling drops completely after they click save in the marketo designer editor (think thats what it's called. The text looks correct in the editing window but when saved it looses all styling. Here is an example of my code with the editable class. The highlighted red is the text being edited.  Attached a screenshot of the text in the editor that lost formatting. Thanks for any help.

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse:collapse; mso-table-lspace:0pt; mso-table-rspace:0pt; border:0;">

<tr>

<td class="mktEditable" id="title" align="left" width="54%" style="width:54%; text-align:center; color: #676f84; font-family: 'Roboto Slab', serif; font-size: 28px; font-weight: 600; line-height:30px;">Salubrious. You know what that <br>means don’t you?</td>

</tr>

</table>

I've also tried placing the class="mktEditable" id="title" inside its own <div> with the text like below but no luck as well.

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse:collapse; mso-table-lspace:0pt; mso-table-rspace:0pt; border:0;">

<tr>

<td align="left" width="54%" style="width:54%; text-align:center; color: #676f84; font-family: 'Roboto Slab', serif; font-size: 28px; font-weight: 600; line-height:30px;"><div class="mktEditable" id="title">Salubrious. You know what that <br>means don’t you?</div></td>

</tr>

</table>

6 REPLIES 6
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

check here: Create a Guided Landing Page Template - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

mktoName is a required element for mktEditable fields.

Grant_Booth
Level 10

It's optional for email templates though:
Email Template Syntax - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

Grant_Booth
Level 10

Are you saying that your CSS gets dropped from the template code? Or that it doesn't appear to be getting applied? Assuming the latter, that means there's other CSS outside that editable section which is over-riding it. When I run into that problem, I generally either use !important after the rule to make sure it over-rides other rules. Or I'll export the entire email's HTML, open it with my browser, and then use the element inspector to find the offending CSS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. Thanks for replying. Both actually. When in the editor and looking at the html code all the css code is gone (html view). If that makes any sense. As soon as I click the editable region the text looks fine in the editor then when saved it defaults to the screenshot.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wes have you tried placing the edit tag at the <tr> level? Not sure this will solve it but another option to try out.

If this is just a one-time thing, the I would just modify the copy within the HTML and not use the Marketo editor - sometimes the edit forces styles/reworks code in ways not desired.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jason thanks for you feedback. I placed it in the <tr> tag and still no luck.

<tr class="mktEditable" id="title">

<td align="left" width="54%" style="width:54%; text-align:center; color: #676f84; font-family: 'Roboto Slab', serif; font-size: 28px; font-weight: 600; line-height:30px;">Salubrious. You know what that <br>means don’t you?</td>

</tr>