Re: Email template edit led to Greek text in my emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email template edit led to Greek text in my emails

I've been using this Marketo email template for quite some time now:

EM – Mizona – v1 | Marketo Template

Today I decided to make an edit in the footer, and I got a message that it worked. No errors in the template.

Then I went back to all of my emails that were built with that template and found that they were all in edit mode. The edited versions did not have the original email body copy--all had been replaced by Lorem Ipsum. However, the header and button text still had the original copy.

Does anyone know how I can make changes to the template's footer without affecting the body of my emails?

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Liz,

Have you changed an ID of a mktEditable zone in the template ?

If so, look here: Changing the ID of an editable zone in a template leading to severe loss of content  and here:

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Footer editing is hard:

• Option 1: update the text in the Template Footer, but this risks breaking all child Emails. Do not ever change the DIV tags.
  • Option 2: use Snippets instead. Well documented on docs.marketo.com.
  • Option 3: use Folder Tokens and tokenize the Templates. No need to re-approve or edit any email. This is well documented in Jeff Shearer's and Adam New Waterson's 2014,15, and 16 presentations on the Summit Site.
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

And with the next version, snippets will become as good as tokens, since changing them will not cause creation of drafts in the emails.

-Greg