Re: Email performance - Unique clicks vs Link P

Sev_Loeuille
Level 2

Email performance - Unique clicks vs Link P

Hello Marketo community,

I was checking the performances of an email and I noticed a significant discrepancy between the number of clicks seen in the "Email link performance" report (75) and the number of clicks seen in "Email Performance" (12).

I would imagine that 12 is the actual number of unique clicks but still... does anyone have observed this discrepancy before?

Many thanks in advance for your help, much appreciated!

Séverine

4 REPLIES 4
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The clicks in the "Email Link Performance" report are total clicks (not unique).  The clicks in the "Email Performance" report are unique clicks.

Liz_Davalos
Level 3

Are you talking about the Link Performace Report vs. The dashboard for an email where it shows link clicks? Also why exactly would Marketo think we'd want total clicks and not unique clicks in the link performance report?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

No, i'm referring to the two basic email reports (not the dashboard that's part of the "email send program" - which includes unique activity - nor the email insights report):

Email Performance Report - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

Email Link Performance Report - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

Rachit_Puri2
Level 7

This is a known issue. Marketo would report separate numbers in email performance, email link performance, and in email reports which are in RCE. It may be better to create a list of all the leads who clicked the links in your email, and use that number.