SOLVED

Email not triggering

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email not triggering

I am creating a trigger campaign -

I created a smart list with all the criteria I want so I can see a count.

I created a campaign with a "Clicks link in email" trigger, and then some other criteria I want such as country.

I activated the trigger, but my count is showing 0.

My campaign looks like:
Wait 72 hours
Change program status
Send email

I've tried changing setting to "member can flow through every time" already, and it didn't help (shouldn't have been a factor anyways...)

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email not triggering

Hey EM, 

When you create a smart list to see the count, you are viewing the list of EXISTING leads who fulfill your criteria. 

When you transform that into a triggered campaign, it is going to listen for FUTURE people who come and fullfill those criteria. It will show zero until someone comes along and does that action and fulfills your other criteria. 

It won't retroactively fire for those who would have fulfilled the criteria in the past; if you want to do that, you need to create a "backfill" batch campaign using the same filters as your smart list (not triggers) and then manually run it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should add that in my smart list for my trigger campaign, it was identical to the smart list I used to see the count.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey EM, 

When you create a smart list to see the count, you are viewing the list of EXISTING leads who fulfill your criteria. 

When you transform that into a triggered campaign, it is going to listen for FUTURE people who come and fullfill those criteria. It will show zero until someone comes along and does that action and fulfills your other criteria. 

It won't retroactively fire for those who would have fulfilled the criteria in the past; if you want to do that, you need to create a "backfill" batch campaign using the same filters as your smart list (not triggers) and then manually run it. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Justin. That totally makes sense!