Re: Email not included in newsletter membership, though qualified for smartlist

Ulyana_Avetisov
Level 2

Email not included in newsletter membership, though qualified for smartlist

Hi there!

We created a Custom Field to act as a subscription for our newsletter.

This morning we sent out a newsletter. The smart list had this criteria, with the filter set to ALL:

pastedImage_7.png

The email was sent out, but I did not receive it, though my email address is subscribed to that list and is not part of any engagement program.

pastedImage_9.png

It turns out I'm not even a member for that newsletter send.

pastedImage_6.png

Why would that be?

8 REPLIES 8
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ulyana,

I wrote a comprehensive post on this very topic:

-Greg

Ulyana_Avetisov
Level 2

Hi Greg!

Thanks for your response! I read through your post but I'm still not sure why my email wouldn't even be included in the members tab.

The post mentioned reaching a communication limit, but it appears that even those contacts show up in the members tab in your post. My email is not a duplicate and it's not suspended/unsubscribed/black listed/invalid.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ulyana,

As, in your criteria, the one we are sure of is that the List-Monthly newsletter is checked, it only means that you must belong to a Nurturing program somewhere. May be a test one, or one that is stopped or archived ?

-Greg

Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

Hello Ulyana,

It looks like you became a member of an engagement campaign "R-Tech Prism" on March 30, which is why you did not qualify for the Smart List.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

The advantage of being from the True Support vs a mere community member

-Greg

Ulyana_Avetisov
Level 2

Ah thank you for looking into it, Roxann! Is there a way to make sure I am CC'd on every email that goes out without making me a member of the engagement program then?

Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

Hi Ulyana,

There is a setting Support can access that would CC you on every (and I do mean every) email your Marketo instance sends out, but I'm guessing you do not want to receive thousands and thousands of emails to your inbox.  If you just want to be sent single copy of the email you are sending out to your leads, you will need to be a member of the program and/or campaign.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

You could also set up a separate send campaign for your internal seeds. That, or, if your send criteria aren't too complex you could do an additional OR statement in your send criteria (exclusive of all other criteria) saying email address is: yours. This leaves much more room for error than my first suggestion, though.