SOLVED

Email name to use as a UTM parameter

Go to solution
Jayant_Singh
Level 3

Email name to use as a UTM parameter

Business need is to track UTM parameter details on non-Marketo landing page and to achieve this we have created one time process mytoken as well as used system campaign token. Now, our stakeholder also want to capture email name in the UTM parameter but they do not like mytoken approach as it is need to update every time when new email or program is created. 
Does anyone have alternate solution for this use case?

Jayant
Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Email name to use as a UTM parameter

There's no way to access the Email asset name as a system token.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

There's no way to access the Email asset name as a system token.

Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Not the answer you're probably looking for, but you can put a my.token for Email Name and append it to all links in each email. If you use program templates you can add it there and it only takes 10 seconds to update when you create a new program from the program template.

SanfordWhiteman

Not the answer you're probably looking for, but you can put a my.token for Email Name and append it to all links in each email. If you use program templates you can add it there and it only takes 10 seconds to update when you create a new program from the program template.

I think that's what Jayant's already doing. 😉

The problems with this are:

• a program need not have only one email
  • an email need not be in a program at all
  • it isn't really maintenance-free even if there's only one program + one email, because that email's name can change at any time