Re: Email metrics for individual leads?

George_Hoffman
Level 3

Email metrics for individual leads?

Hi,

I am trying to run a report where I can see the individual email engagement metrics for each person in a group of leads over a given period of time. The output of this report would be:

persona@persona.com - Emails sent/Emails Delivered/Emails Opened/Emails clicked

personb@personb.com - Emails sent/Emails Delivered/Emails Opened/Emails clicked

Anyone have insight on how to run this report?
Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

George,

In an email performance report, you can use the "smart list" tab to define a subset of the email metrics. I would use this smart list to define the person criteria, whether that is just email address or company name, etc. If you would like to look at the results over time, then modify the "Setup" of the report and the "Sent Date".

George_Hoffman
Level 3

Will this method show me the metrics associated with each individual lead?

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Correct, but it will only show one lead at a time. In order to view the email metrics for another lead, you will need to adjust the report's smart list to remove the email address of the existing lead and replace it with the new one.

Amit_Jain
Level 8 - Community Advisor

It would be easier to do it with revenue explorer for bulk leads.

Helen_Abramova1
Level 5

Also, you can have such report in the Revenue Explorer. The report type is Email Performance.

Not sure about grouping (obviously, there are no smart lists), but you can get metrics on individual level for both Email Performance and Program Performance.

Mary_Rouzer3
Level 2

I agree with Devraj's approach. Create an Email Performance Report and use the Email Address filter in the Smart List. This will allow you to view email performance results (sent, delivered, opened, clicked, unsubscribed) for a specific person.

Amanda_Jenkins
Level 1

Did anyone ever figure out how to do this with a group of people? How do I get to a list of by-person email metrics without typing in email addresses one-by-one?

Amit_Jain
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Do it as as Helen Abramova

Vladlena_Mitska
Level 1

Agreed - however keep in mind that RCE & Email performance reports do have some difference in terms of the logic used for reporting, see details here: Difference in Marketo Email Reporting Metrics