SOLVED

Re: Email campaigns Management - Time consuming?

Go to solution
ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Gasp . The awkward moment when the Marketo guru from your old job sees you talking about the amount of time it took to fill out forms requesting him to build stuff in Marketo...

Amy_Goldfine

We don't currently have a ticketing system per se, but we do have the requestor (usually product marketing) fill out a request form (a clone of a Google doc template). No matter what system you use, make sure:

a) your Marketo template is highly tokenized

b) your request form has a field for every token

I highly recommend watching Edward Unthank and Andy Varshneya's Summit 2018 talk on a Center of Excellence approach.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Amy_Goldfine

Oh we are using Asana although I'm not sure we're using it as well as we could be.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Natascia_Almeid
Level 3

This is really a good video, thanks for sharing!

Nina_Valtcheva5
Level 5

We have a google form (Marketo Request Form) that we have our campaigns & field marketing teams fill out whenever they want a new email, webinar or event program, list upload, digital content tracking, etc. basically anything Marketo-related. It comes through in a google sheet for us and it's very easy to manage but we are a small team of 2. What's nice is we provide viewing access to the google sheet so everyone can see the email schedule so great visibility into what's in the queue.

Sarah_White1
Level 2

Hi Nina,

I am also on a very small team looking for an easy way to manage requests from different teams. If you're open to sharing, I'd love to see what fields you use on your google form to help your internal processes!

Nina_Valtcheva5
Level 5

Sure! Unfortunately I can't provide a link since the google form is internal but will try to summarize.

We first ask them to select the type of request:

pastedImage_1.png

Then depending on their choice, they get taken to that specific form. On the email form, here are the things we ask for (all required fields):

• Email Description
  • Email Send Date
  • Email Subject Line
  • Email Content (they must insert a link to a google doc that has the copy. If there are 3 invites for an event, for example, we ask them to just have everything in 1 google doc so it's easier to find - including the email copies, landing page copy, and all confirmation and reminder emails)
  • Email Images (they must insert a link to a google drive folder that contains the banner and any other images, or they have the option to say "generic" banner)
  • Persona Audience (we list out all of our persona segments as picklist boxes they can check and also present "add all" and "other" options where they can type in anything beyond the standard options)
  • Account Segment (same picklist type as above)
  • Funnel Stage (same picklist type as above)
  • Target Geography (same picklist type as above)
  • Any audience exclusions
  • SFDC Campaign to sync responders to

Hope that helps!

Huihsing_Kiang3
Level 4

We also have a field to ask if they want to do A/B testing and if they want to test on subject line, sender or any components in the content to encourage them taking advantage of the Marketo robust A/B testing features. We pumped up 10% open rate just by simply A/B testing subject line consistently and let Marketo send out the winner the next day.

Sarah_White1
Level 2

Yes! Thank you and Huihsing Kiang​. Both very helpful as we get off the ground with Marketo!

Huihsing_Kiang3
Level 4

I'm currently transitioning our email request form from Word Doc/Spreadsheet to the SmartSheet. Marketing campaign managers will be trained to fill up the form which will get imported into a spreadsheet format in Smartsheet automatically. Based on the division, the email alert will be sent to the different Marketo end user to build the email. I think one key to success is to be keen and frank at the front. If they do not follow the process and complete the form (they can't submit it till they fill up the required field anyway), the email will not be built in Marketo. Of course, you'll need to get the blessing and support from the upper management. Once the process is built and everyone gets used to the system, it'll run smoothly and save you tones of time.

Good luck!