Email campaign subject line displays with extra code when received than it appears in the back end

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email campaign subject line displays with extra code when received than it appears in the back end

I've even tried to past the text into notepad to remove formatting and tried to type this out and i keep having the same issue. In the English version this extra code does not occur but some of the spacing is deleted and two words become one word. See below:

If anyone could please help it would be greatly appreciated as i need to send this invite out for tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks

26-10-2015 3-54-50 PM.jpg

26-10-2015 3-56-55 PM.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Marketo Employee

Re: Email campaign subject line displays with extra code when received than it appears in the back end

What does the subject line look like inside your email editor?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email campaign subject line displays with extra code when received than it appears in the back end

It looks the way it should lol like this:

Is there a way to see the HTML or coding behind the subject line?

26-10-2015 4-36-22 PM.jpg

Highlighted

Re: Email campaign subject line displays with extra code when received than it appears in the back end

This is so strange, I cannot reproduce your issue. It leads me to believe it may actually be the recipient email client not rendering the subject correctly. If you send a sample to a different account with different email client, does it work? I have tested using the following subject and it works for me on Outlook 2016 for Mac as well as iOS Mail and Outlook for iOS:

Vous êtes invité(e)... Soirée cocktail d’appréciation de nos clients VIP – 16 novembre, Ritz-Carlton, Toronto

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email campaign subject line displays with extra code when received than it appears in the back end

Hi Justin

For some reason this also happens when sending to other email recipients. I've been researching and sometimes these odd characters can occur with subjects that have 75+ characters. I've tried to reduce the number of characters to 56 with spaces and everything looks normal right now!

Thank you for your help on this