SOLVED

Email blast seems to have stopped?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email blast seems to have stopped?

Hi, I launched an email smart campaign that was set to go to about 70,000 leads.

In the flow I set it up to break down the leads into 10 different lists, with the email going to 1 new segment every 3 hours. We did this to help with deliverability.

So once the campaign started, each list had about 7,000 leads in it. I even double checked. The flow steps were as follows:

Add to list

- list 1 (random selection = 10%)

- list 2 (random selection = 10%) etc etc. until total equaled 100%.

Send email

- send to list 1, then wait 3 hours

- send to list 2, then wait 3 hours

etc.

Now that the campaign/send is over (Marketo says there are no more leads in the wait step, and it's been over 30 hours since launching), I'm only seeing around 55,000 total emails "sent" in Marketo's performance report.

I'm trying to figure out why it's not showing closer to 70,000 emails sent, when I can clearly see there were that many leads in all combined segments.

Is there just a delay in Marketo's reporting, or did something wrong happen?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Email blast seems to have stopped?

Hi Ryan,

You can look at the campaign queue to see whether or not the campaign has stopped. You can also get the number of leads in wait step from the campaign summary.

Now, the difference may come from email invalid, unsubscribed, black listed or marketing suspended leads that are members in your campaign but to which Marketo would not have sent the email. You can detect theses with a smart list, with the following filter :

• members of smart campaign AND (email invalid = true OR unsubscribed = true OR ...)

You can also look at the campaign "results" tab to see if some of the member have a "skipped" entry there.

-Greg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ryan,

You can look at the campaign queue to see whether or not the campaign has stopped. You can also get the number of leads in wait step from the campaign summary.

Now, the difference may come from email invalid, unsubscribed, black listed or marketing suspended leads that are members in your campaign but to which Marketo would not have sent the email. You can detect theses with a smart list, with the following filter :

• members of smart campaign AND (email invalid = true OR unsubscribed = true OR ...)

You can also look at the campaign "results" tab to see if some of the member have a "skipped" entry there.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Gregoire! That definitely cleared the issue. Lots of invalid/suspended.