Re: Email being sent to Junk folder

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email being sent to Junk folder

I am putting together an email and whenever I send a sample to myself, it ends up in my junk folder. I've compressed all the images (there's only three images total).. what content do I need to change to make sure the email gets sent to the inbox rather than junk folder? Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to change the from field.  We also have a deliver-ability module that may help you understand this for all inboxes and improve your overall deliver-ability

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Leann,

Have you checked you are not using any spam words (see A List of Common Spam Words or  The Ultimate List of Email SPAM Trigger Words )

you may want to run a antispam check using Marketo Deliverability tools (if you have them) or a tool such as Litmus.

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

and of course, check the SPF and DKIM are still correctly set up.

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Additionally,

- Get the IP which is used by Marketo for sending your email blasts.

- Start monitoring IP reputation score using SendrScore or other online tools.

- If your send volume is high, you may want to get a dedicated IP address from Marketo.   

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

I've had this happen before when I've sent a bunch of tests of the same email to myself - our internal spam settings were getting the email stuck on the server after receiving the test so many times. Sometimes changing something as simple as the subject line can correct this, but if not, then the other solutions are definitely great troubleshooters.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Check with your IT department.  They should be able to extract the reason from your mail filter for why the email is hitting junk.