Re: Email based on "all-in-one" template not being received by our servers

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Email based on "all-in-one" template not being received by our servers

We'll soon be migrating to Email Editor 2.0.  We're evaluating a specific all-in-one template (one that contains about 25 modules).  Started by sending an initial test to myself.  Never received it.  Sent it to a couple other people on our team - never received it.  Sent it to my personal email address - received it.

The size of the raw HTML is 187 KB (3,385 lines of code).  Is it possible that our corporate email filters are preventing the delivery of this email due to its size?  I'm currently checking with our Exchange team.  This is by far the largest email in our environment.  All other emails are received successfully.  We may need to rethink using a all-in-one template - at least one that's this complex.

6 REPLIES 6
Dan_Stevens_

Well it's not the all-in-one template.  I created a bare-bones email and "saved as template", resent and still nothing.  So then I decided to enable the Marketo starter templates.  I chose the "Skeleton" template and did a quick send - nothing.  This is driving me nuts.  Basically, I'm unable to receive any emails based on 2.0 templates from our sandbox environment (1.0 ones work fine).

Darrell_Alfons2

Ugh, thank goodness you have a sandbox.

So other domains receive it, and not yours? So strange. You can try mine if it helps.

Dan_Stevens_

Thanks Darrell - what's your email address?

If you're already 2.0, can you send me a test email from your environment? (daniel.r.stevens@avanade.com). 

Darrell_Alfons2

ya, i'll send one of the default templates to you.

Darrell_Alfons2

I sent you one, i'll let you know if i see anything from you

Dan_Stevens_

Received it.  I need to figure out what's going on.  It would be different if nothing was received from our sandbox environment, but it's just emails based on 2.0 templates.