SOLVED

Email: Unsuscribe link not automatically populated in non-operational emails.

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email: Unsuscribe link not automatically populated in non-operational emails.

All, 

I noticed that the "unsuscribe link" is not automatically being populated in my org. non operational emails. I cannot figure out how to add it back in. It was my understanding that I did not need to manually add it to the emails. Can someone please help?  

I did double check my admin settings and the unsuscribe link is very much present.  Thoughts?

Thx,

Gio 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email: Unsuscribe link not automatically populated in non-operational emails.

An awesome Support Rep helped me. The quirk is that Marketo does not show the unsubscribe link when it is a "test" email. The only way to see the unsubscribe link is via the flow action. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email: Unsuscribe link not automatically populated in non-operational emails.

Hi Gio,

Unsubscribe is inherently removed from operational emails.  What operational email would you wish to include it in?

You can actually edit the unsubscribe settings for operational emails sent from SFDC by clicking into the Sales Insight area under Admin and clicking into Settings.

You'd be able to update operational emails to have the unsubscribe text.

As a rule of thumb though, you don't need to have unsubscribe text in your operational emails as you are simply fulfilling a response to their form fill out and (hopefully) an operational email would not contain any sort of marketing or selling material.  If you wanted to add it in, you could do it at the template level.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Michael, thanks for the feedback, but my question pertained to Non-Operational emails. As a default, Marketo automatically adds the unsuscribe text. For some reason, we cannot seem to figure out why and how the notification no longer appears at the buttom of the emails. Do you have any ideas as far as how to address that?
Anonymous
Not applicable

An awesome Support Rep helped me. The quirk is that Marketo does not show the unsubscribe link when it is a "test" email. The only way to see the unsubscribe link is via the flow action.