SOLVED

Email Tracking in Outlook

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Tracking in Outlook

We have installed the Marketo email tracking widget into our Outlook software and it works properly. The problem is I cannot see any of the email activity logged in Salesforce - only in Marketo. I have installed and correctly configured sales insights, however I do not see any location where this logged activity might go. How can I ensure that all emails will be recorded?

Additionally, does the Marketo plugin have the ability to put the actual email into Salesforce like the original Salesforce plugin? It is important for our sales team to be able to see what the emails were that were sent by going into Salesforce.

Thank you.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email Tracking in Outlook

Yes, assuming your admin settings include syncing activities for Was Sent Sales Email, all of the emails should be recorded. The API calls between Marketo and SFDC happen every 5 minnutes, but I've noticed it taking as long as an hour to write the activity.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did this occur after the recent plugin update?

http://community.marketo.com/apex/Marketo_News_Detail?id=a5P50000000CbqXEAS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, assuming your admin settings include syncing activities for Was Sent Sales Email, all of the emails should be recorded. The API calls between Marketo and SFDC happen every 5 minnutes, but I've noticed it taking as long as an hour to write the activity.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it! It was in fact a delay in the API calls. I've started seeing email activity logged in the usual location in Salesforce.