Email Templates created in Saleforce not available in Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Templates created in Saleforce not available in Marketo

I created a Email Template in Salesforce (inside the Marketo Email Templates Folder) and I would like to use it in Marketo. Though I hve made the it "Available For Use" box checked, I could not see it in Marketo. FYI, the Email Template was created by SF admin, but the owner is Marketo User.

If I create any email within Marketo, I could able to see all of them in Salesforce under the same "Marketo Email Templates" Folder.

Why is it not working the other way around?
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email Templates created in Saleforce not available in Marketo

It is not possible to create a Marketo Sales Insight email template in Salesforce.  You create it in Marketo in the Design tab or as an asset in a program in the Marketing Activities tab, and select the Publish to Marketo Sales Insight setting.  The email will then be displayed in the template dropdown list when you select Send Marketo Email Marketo Sales Insight section of Salesforce.  It will also be displayed in the Salesforce as a selection in the  Choose Template dialog box when you select New Marketo Message in Outlook. 

If you create a Salesforce email template in Salesforce, that cannot be used by Marketo.