SOLVED

Email Template Best Practices

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Template Best Practices

I wanted to take a qualitative poll of my fellow Marketo users regarding your strategy for email templates. We are in the process of revamping our brand and therefore Marketo templates so we will be basically starting from scratch. I have my own opinions about this topic, but would love some feedback of what other experts are doing for support.

I know every organization is different with different brands. We are an organization that is going from 3 distinct, separate brands and our re-brand is focused on becoming one brand.

What strategies and philosophies does your org employ when it comes to using email templates?

Here are a few things we have been toying with but feel free to elaborate.

• Use only a few very basic templates that can be highly customized that are evergreen and more universal?
  • Use a higher number of more customized templates, many created for specific programs and would be more "disposable"?

Also, what template structures does your org use regularly?

Thank you in advance!

Bree

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Re: Email Template Best Practices

I think creating a responsive template is the most important thing you can do. Something clean, concise and applicable for a variety of needs will probably serve you best. (IE--your first suggestion).

Content is tends to what make people convert, although the ability to add header images could be beneficial. This could also be a chance for you to A/B test a handful of templates. Create a few more basic ones, and follow up with some more elaborate ones and see which converts better. However, I've just tended to find that subject lines/content assist with conversions more so than template design. Using all the features that marketo offers--snippets, segmentations, dynamic content, tokens, RCE modeler stages--will all enable you to send you the perfect message at the perfect time.

Do you know about templates.marketo.com? There are a bunch of free templates on there.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

I think creating a responsive template is the most important thing you can do. Something clean, concise and applicable for a variety of needs will probably serve you best. (IE--your first suggestion).

Content is tends to what make people convert, although the ability to add header images could be beneficial. This could also be a chance for you to A/B test a handful of templates. Create a few more basic ones, and follow up with some more elaborate ones and see which converts better. However, I've just tended to find that subject lines/content assist with conversions more so than template design. Using all the features that marketo offers--snippets, segmentations, dynamic content, tokens, RCE modeler stages--will all enable you to send you the perfect message at the perfect time.

Do you know about templates.marketo.com? There are a bunch of free templates on there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kristen- Thanks so much for the thoughtful response. Definitely in line with what I was thinking as well, plus some additional things to think about. Much appreciated!

Bonnie_Jeffers2
Level 4

Hi Brean,

I'm curious how your email templates have evolved since you first posted. We are about to revamp our email templates in conjunction with a rebrand as well.

Thanks!

Bonnie