Email Tag Reporting?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Tag Reporting?

Now that I've setup a list of mandatory tags to apply to my emails (email type, day of week, how many channels, creative focus, etc) how can I develop an email performance report (opens, clicks, etc) that will include all the relevant tags on an email? I'd love to (either in marketo or exporting to excel to pivot off of) be able to analzye how our email  performance differs depending on what types of tag values were used. 

Thanks!
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email Tag Reporting?

The email performance report cannot be filtered by tags at this time.  You can filter a Program Performance report by Tags. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there an idea for this in the community? Enable tags for Email Performance Report, so I can show report via Region, Product, etc. This is a major miss almost 2 years later.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also leverage the smart list on the email performance report to the selected tags. Clone the report and adjust the tags as needed. This step is a bit manual.

For example: Email Performance Report - Tag = Friday Sends >> The smart list would be Date Send (or whatever the name of the tag is) = Friday

You'll have to clone this report several times but it should give you what you need.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick reply Cheryl. That's a bummer to hear. Is that a feature that is in the pipeline to be added?

In the meantime is there any way to export a csv/excel list of all our existing email campaigns and the tags associated with each one? I'd like to performan an analysis comparing the different tag values (which list we sent to, which type of email blast was created had better open/click rates, etc)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks BeHai! That makes sense. My only problem is when I close the report and go to Smart List, no tag options come up when I search? I was under the analytics section and cloned the "Email Performance" report. I tried the same thing with the "Email Link Perfromance" report but no luck. If i can find a way to get the tags in the smart list there that would be a great fix to the problem!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry AJ, I mixed up my reports. Unfortunately you won't be able to use tags outside of the Program-related items. I think this would be a great enhancement to the reporting features.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey AJ,

If you have Revenue explorer feature available in your instance, you can create "Email Performance Report" using Email analysis Report type. It will list down all the tags created, to be use as filters in report