Email Subscription Management Metrics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Subscription Management Metrics

We have recently switched from an unsubscribe page to an email subscription management center. Now, I am having a problem analyzing the results. 

I would like to be able to view a report of emails that went out and number of people from each email blast who unsubscribed via the new subscription center. The existing email performance reports in Analytics are not helpful because they only track people who unsubscribe from the original unsubscribe page. When I try to modify this report and add a smart list filter (clicked on subscription management link), the report does not even recognize that link as a choice.

Any suggestions? I'd like to know how other people who switched to a subscription management center track these metrics.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email Subscription Management Metrics

Debbie,

Did you modify the link in the Email Management settings in the Admin section? This is part of how it tracks unsubscribes from email.

You can also create a smart list to report on these items. Use things like

Was Sent Email X, Y, Z
AND
Filled Out Form IS "Subs Management"
AND
(various data values you want to examine)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply Josh.

I did modify the Admin email settings and replace the original unsubscribe link with new subscription management link. Unfortunately, once I did that I no longer was able to see unsubscribe metrics in my email performance reports.

I think you're correct in that I'll have to pull this data from a smart list (or series of smart lists).  It's not as streamlined as having all of the information available in an email performance report, but should still give me most of the information that I need.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experienced the same issue with reporting. I was going to set up an Email Subscription Center via a Landing page. After some test I realised, as you did, that it was affecting the nice Email performance report we have at disposal in Analytic, I am hesitating now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Support came to my rescue.  They noticied that when I modified the unsubscribe link in the email admin settings, I had removed the Marketo token.  

To get the reports working again, I had to add the token back in:

?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##