SOLVED

Re: Email Script Editor not showing Standard Object tree

Go to solution
Cappy_Popp
Level 2

Email Script Editor not showing Standard Object tree

As title says.

When I try to add an email script token the script editor the tree on the right just contains a list of items labeled "Standard Objects" that keeps growing as I try to (unsuccessfully) add script tokens.

Here's what my editor looks like. Note the growing list of "Standard Objects" on the right, none of which are trees that allow me to drag tokens into the script editor window:

Screenshot 2018-06-28 13.58.57.png

If I look in the Console (Chrome 67, latest) I see the following errors when I drag an email script token to the page:

Screenshot 2018-06-28 14.01.33.png

I have no ad blockers installed in this profile.

Anyone else seen this or know what's causing it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mark_Price
Level 7

This has been happening to me periodically as well!    I just log out / log back in or retry in a few minutes and it seems to fix itself more or less (but is rather annoying and slows down workflow)

FWIW:  It seems like a new 'Standard Objects' entry populates the sidebar each time the window is opened when this bug occurs

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mark_Price
Level 7

This has been happening to me periodically as well!    I just log out / log back in or retry in a few minutes and it seems to fix itself more or less (but is rather annoying and slows down workflow)

FWIW:  It seems like a new 'Standard Objects' entry populates the sidebar each time the window is opened when this bug occurs

Cappy_Popp
Level 2

Good thanks, will retry. Same thing here for the appearance of the "Standard Objects" nodes. Every time I open a window I get another one. Frustrating.

Cappy_Popp
Level 2

Screenshot 2018-06-28 14.45.58.png

Yep. Had to log out of all Marketo windows and log in again. Annoying. Definitely some kind of bug.

Mark_Price
Level 7

Glad you found a workaround and can get back to work!  

Do you have an 'Enterprise' instance by chance?    Enterprise as in  1 million+ contacts / lots of activity / APIs etc. etc. 

I feel like it could be related to a large opportunity object and some sort of timeout on the frontend when it's building the list of fields (only a guess though) 

Brant_Olson
Level 1

I'm seeing a similar issue: no objects visible when I first open the editor. But if I close and re-open the editor, I see a Standard Objects icon without any tree. Closing and re-opening again causes another Standar Objects icon to appear. Logging out/in has not solved the issue.

Email_Token_Capture.JPGCould it be a configuration issue in the database? Our account has been established for years, but has never used scripts. I don't see any obvious issues and have searched the forums in vain. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It's unlikely to be a problem with your db. My clients' Instances have this exact trouble from time to time. I recommend checking in another browser to see if there's any difference right now (although broadly the feature works in both Webkit & Firefox).