Re: Email Salesforce reports out of Marketo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Salesforce reports out of Marketo?

Hi,

Is the following possibl with Marketo?

1. Create a scheduled daily email send.

2. Automatically attach Salesforce.com report either as an excel attachment or within the body of the email.

3. Send Email to anyone inside or outside of the company.

5 REPLIES 5
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Jonathan,

It's not possible to automatically attach anything to emails sent from Marketo, but what do you mean by a Salesforce.com report?  What information would be contained in that report?

It is possible to setup up subscriptions for reports in your Marketo instance.  Manage Report Subscriptions - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Yes I was trying schedule automatic emails of a Salesforce.com Lead report

Scenario

1 .Marketo: Send Daily lead email out to a subscriber list.

2. Opportunity reports, Campaign Reports, and Lead reports would be generated out of Salesforce.(With Filters in Salesforce)

3. Marketo would attach the file to the subscriber list and send.

John_Clark1
Level 10

Ahhh, ok.  This won't be possible, as it's not possible to attach files to Marketo emails.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help! how about this scenario then. Would be able to set up a Daily email send based on contacts out of Salesforce? Specifically it would be an opportunity report with contact roles associated.

I have done this with ExactTarget and wanted to know if Marketo had similar functionality.

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hmmmm, I don't think you could send a report out of SFDC, but with the new Subscribe to Smartlist feature that will be released over the weekend of October 23rd, you should be able to put together a smart list with a filter like Has Opportunity and then have the list sent out as often as you like.  That would give you all of the contacts from Marketo that are associated with an opportunity, (those with Contact Roles).  Does that make sense?

John