SOLVED

Email SFDC Contacts (not leads) in Marketo?

Go to solution
Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Email SFDC Contacts (not leads) in Marketo?

Yes, as Dory Viscogliosi​ mentioned, this is typically caused by your Marketo SDFC user not having proper access to the records.

I ran into this previously when first integrating to SFDC, where the Marketo SFDC user did not have read/write permissions on Contact records. This resulted in us having to go back and grant permissions to the Marketo user.

I cannot recall, however, if this was the time that it required us updating all Contact records to "force sync" them to Marketo as this sometimes requires a data update on the record for mass updates.

Once you do get the records into Marketo, you can use the filter of SFDC Type = Contact in your Smart List filters to get just your contacts.

Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

I created a smart list with SFDC Type=Contact, but the contacts that I have Marketo Syched activated for are still not showing up.

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Hi Danielle,

There a couple things you can check:

1.  Log into SFDC as your sync user and attempt to view one of the Contacts that have not synced to Marketo.  If you run into a permissions error or the record is not found, you'll need to check visibility rules.

2.  Make an update to a missing record in SFDC to update it's system modified timestamp.  This should queue the record to sync to Marketo.  Check after the next sync cycle if the record appears in the database in Marketo.  If it does, then you will need to do something to update the timestamp on the rest of the missing records to queue them to sync.

You can also contact Support and we can help you find the problem.