SOLVED

Email Programs: Multiple Emails?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Programs: Multiple Emails?

Hey everyone,

This is my first post to the forum, so hello! I'm new to Marketo, so apologies if this has been answered before. I'm trying to distinguish the difference between the programs, particularly situations in which I would set up an email program vs. a default program.

I'm wanting to run a program that includes several email assets. From what I can see, an email program  makes it easy to track my results, which is great for a newbie like me. However, I'm not sure how it works with multiple emails. Is an email program designed for just one email, or can I run multiple emails within an email program? If I cannot run multiple emails, is a default program my best method?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Email Programs: Multiple Emails?

Hi Heather,

Simple rule: email programs are for 1 email being sent without any logic else than selecting a target and sending en email at a specific date and time.

Multiple emails with potentially different filters applying on emails 2 and beyond will require some workflow logic and therefore is the host of the default programs, indeed.

-Greg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Heather,

Simple rule: email programs are for 1 email being sent without any logic else than selecting a target and sending en email at a specific date and time.

Multiple emails with potentially different filters applying on emails 2 and beyond will require some workflow logic and therefore is the host of the default programs, indeed.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much, Greg. Very helpful!

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Heather,

Welcome to Marketo.

Indeed, an email program is meant for one email marketing initiative. However, you can send out other emails via smart campaigns that can still be housed under the same email program. If you are looking for more of a drop nurture of emails over time, then I would take a look at Creating an Engagement Program - Marketo Docs - Product Docs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah ha, gotcha! That makes sense. Thanks so much!