SOLVED

Email Program

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Program

Can you link an email program with a SFDC campaign?  Whats the workaround if there isnt?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Re: Email Program

Hi Erin,

Yes you can!  On one of Cheryl's webinar she showed how to sync the email program to an SFDC campaign. Where it says Program Actions the top option is Salesforce Campaign Sync. Select it and select the SFDC campaign that you want to choose. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Erin,

The SFDC campaign object is accessable inside marketo as a smart list filter (assuming your marketo sync user can 'see' it). 

Member of SFDC - is - (dropdown, list of SFDC campaigns).

So you can use this to test if a lead is or is not a member of a current SFDC campaign.  Is there other functionality you are looking to accomplish?

Thanks,
James
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Hi Erin,

Yes you can!  On one of Cheryl's webinar she showed how to sync the email program to an SFDC campaign. Where it says Program Actions the top option is Salesforce Campaign Sync. Select it and select the SFDC campaign that you want to choose. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Michelle!  Just what I needed to know!
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

You bet!  I remember that about the email program because I asked that very question during the webinar.  🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys,

I have set up the SFDC sync but I was wondering if I still have to set up a smart campaign to update the status in the campaign if someone opens and clicks etc or does that sync automatically?

Thanks,
Bec
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bec, any answer to your question yet?

Todd
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Todd,

When using the SFDC sync the campaign program status is important. This is the way the user is updated in sfdc. What I did was create triggers for each action I wanted to send to sfdc e.g. Opened, Clicked etc.

The trigger would be set up like this:

smart list: clicks like in email, email is X
flow: update program status to "clicked"

This would then sync to sfdc, no "change status in sfdc" is needed.

Hope that helps,
Bec
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bec!