SOLVED

Email Program - What does "clicks" actually track? Can you change?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Program - What does "clicks" actually track? Can you change?

I'm curious as to the details of what the Email Program Dashboard's "Click" count actually shows.
  • Is it counting all clicks (including multiple clicks from one inbox over time) or unique clicks?
  • Is it counting clicks on any email link or is it leaving out opt-out links from the count?

Depending on the answers, I'm wondering if there's a way to change the behavior. If not, I fear that I may need to revert back to my old way of creating a Program Status for "Clicked" and moving people there with a constrained trigger.

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email Program - What does "clicks" actually track? Can you change?

Hey Justin,

The click statistic is simply counting the number of intended recipients that clicked any link within the email, excluding the unsubscribe button and disregards the amount of clicks. We created a "Clicked Link" status as well as "Clicked Mutliple Links" status to help distinguish the two. Unfortunately, the only way to see what they clicked is by either viewing their activity log or creating targeted smare lists referencing the links.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Justin,

The click statistic is simply counting the number of intended recipients that clicked any link within the email, excluding the unsubscribe button and disregards the amount of clicks. We created a "Clicked Link" status as well as "Clicked Mutliple Links" status to help distinguish the two. Unfortunately, the only way to see what they clicked is by either viewing their activity log or creating targeted smare lists referencing the links.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great... unique clicks excluding opt-out link. Exacly what we would prefer 🙂