Re: Email Preview Tool

Kristin_Halle
Level 1

Email Preview Tool

Hi,

How do you view your emails before you drop them? As a previous Pardot user, I had access to a tool within Pardot to preview how my emails would appear in 15 different Email Clients, and mobile and tablet views. I have not seen anything like this available within Marketo. I'm hoping I'm missing it! But if there's no such tool available, what tools are you using? And what is your monthly subscription fee?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Litmus is a great tool to test email rendering across multiple clients.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Kristin, there is an optional add-on that you can purchase from Marketo, but Email on Acid or Litmus are two of the most popular options you will come across for this.

Joey_Forcelli1
Level 5

Hey Kristen,

We use Litmus and it costs $79/mo.  I have heard from people that have used both Email on Acid and Litmus that they prefer the prior.

Hope this helps.

Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

Another vote for Litmus here. Great solution.

Julz_James
Level 10

I would always go for Litmus over the Marketo Solution as it does so much more than just test how the email looks for a small price.  Litmus has helped me rectify any coding changes with the editor next to the email so you can watch the changes happening rather than switching between two views.  Its a great tool, and a shame Marketo doesn't do something more in-depth (unless I've missed that option!).

Thanks

Julz

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Juli,

Marketo is not intended to be an email development tool

We develop email templates outside of Marketo and finalize them in Marketo only for testing the variables.

-Greg

Julz_James
Level 10

Yes I know that, thats why I would always pick something out of Marketo to test and develop as I've tried to code templates from scratch in Marketo before and it was hard.  Hence my recommendation to no use the Marketo Email testing module.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

In fact, this option exists, but is chargeable. It's called email deliverability.

-Greg

Julz_James
Level 10

Exactly my point...it doesn't do the testing as per Pardot, so better to use an outside source 🙂