SOLVED

Email Preview Pane

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email Preview Pane

Hello.  This is my first time using these boards and I'm still new to HTML and email marketing.  I followed Justin's recommendation.  While testing, it worked perfectly for G-mail and mobile devices.  However, the pre-header was being rendered in Microsoft's Outlook WebApp, which looks somewhat awkward.  Has anyone come across this? I didn't create our email template and had to modify it in Dreamweaver, so I didn't do exactly as Justin said but I'm perplexed why it would work in the others and not one.  I'm stuck between having the preheader render awkwardly on some platforms or having the preheader defaulting to whatever comes next in the code.  As suggestions or advice?   I appreciate any assistance.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

You should use our "preheader" feature in our new email editor. It should work across all clients for you.

Thanks,

Justin

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have noticed that if you use a display none, you will actually remove the preview text in several different email clients.

I find that if you use a color:transparent!important; color:#backgroundcolor; that you will render invisible(because it's blended) and you don't loose preview text in any of the other email clients.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Which clients? I want to look into this.