SOLVED

Email Performance of the A/B Test Winner in an Email Send Campaign

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Performance of the A/B Test Winner in an Email Send Campaign

I wonder if it's possible to get an email performance report just on the winner of an A/B test in an Email Send campaign.  I believe currently the A/B test email report is based on the average results of both the sample and the winner sends.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rachit_Puri2
Level 5

Re: Email Performance of the A/B Test Winner in an Email Send Campaign

You can create a separate report and include the filter in your smart list. Select the email and the variant from the constraints, which is the winner for your A/B test. You can do this for Email Performance and Email Link Performance report.

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Rachit_Puri2
Level 5

Re: Email Performance of the A/B Test Winner in an Email Send Campaign

You can create a separate report and include the filter in your smart list. Select the email and the variant from the constraints, which is the winner for your A/B test. You can do this for Email Performance and Email Link Performance report.

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email Performance of the A/B Test Winner in an Email Send Campaign

Thank you, Rachit, I will definitely try your solution!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email Performance of the A/B Test Winner in an Email Send Campaign

Hi Rahit, i just tried your solution and realized that the report shows the results of the winner variant within the test sample. There were ~50K on my total list, and 5K (10%) received the test. The report you suggested shows the results for Version B within the sample (10%), which is only 2.5K people. How do i get the results for the results for the rest 90% to who the winner variant was sent?

Rachit_Puri2
Level 5

Re: Email Performance of the A/B Test Winner in an Email Send Campaign

Well, in that case, you would have to make some edits in the report and include the Date of Activity as a constraint. As an example, you did the Test on 25th April, 2017 and the winner went out on 26th April, 2017, after the test was over. You can try building a report like this:

pastedImage_0.png

Add two filters in the report. The one with a constraint of Test Variant and date of the test. The other filter without the test variant and date when the winning email was sent. Use OR for these two filter.

Let me know if you still see any issues in the reporting data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email Performance of the A/B Test Winner in an Email Send Campaign

Thank you, Rachit! That's a great idea.