Re: Email Performance based on a Specific Time Frame

Elizabeth_Balle
Level 2

Email Performance based on a Specific Time Frame

I have a manager who wants to compare the performance of a particular email over the two weeks following the deployment of that email in Dec 2014 and Dec 2015. I can pull the Email Performance Report for the email sent in Dec 2014, but I cannot see the way to restrict the reported behavior to only the two weeks following the send. Is there a way to do this either in the Email Performance Report or in the Revenue Cycle Explorer?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Elizabeth,

You can restrict the time frame in the Setup tab of an Email Performance report. Double click on Sent Date and scroll down to Custom Date. You can add your dates there, including future dates that have not happened yet.

Hope that helps!

Elizabeth_Balle
Level 2

Hi Jeff,

The issue I am seeing is that this restricts it to when the email was sent, not to when the performance happened. So the email went out a year ago, and though I restricted to December 2014, I'm seeing all activity that ever happened for the email sent in December. Does that make sense?

Anonymous
Not applicable

RCA will allow you to see both emails in the same report, and chart them out etc...  If you don;t have that module you should look into it, its a great reporting tool.

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the record, I agree with Jamie that if you don't have RCA, you should look into getting it. It's pretty good stuff.

If you do not have it, nor plan on getting it, you can filter the list based on activities as well. The report has full smart list functionality, meaning you filter based on everyone who was sent an email in Dec 2014 and everyone who opened that same email in Dec 2014. It's not pretty, but I'm thinking you should be able to get the information you need.

Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

What performance are you trying to measure? Opens, clicks? You could run a campaign pulling leads that clicked on link in the email in the December 2014 time frame, add to a list. Then another campaign for December 2015.

Elizabeth_Balle
Level 2

Oh wow, that would have worked really well. I do have the RCE and ended up doing it that way.