Re: Email Open Breakdown

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Open Breakdown

With previous services that broke down the email providers and devices people opened on. Is there anything like that in Marketo?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of that data is not sent back to Marketo by the ESPs you are sending too...You do get the inferred data similar to doing a reverse Ip look-up...this data writes to the the inferred fields on a record. As far as devices people use the key here is to think about the day-parts that you are using to send out your emails...these days it is a given that 60%+ of the people you are targeting will open your email on a mobile device or tablet. Thus the rise of "Responsive" design
Anonymous
Not applicable

I might be wrong. But I do not see any way to tell the email client in the Email Opens,,

With following, we can tell if the click-thrus are from a device or not....

If the email recepient clicks on the 'view as a web page' or any other link in the email, that information is captured. But it is captured in the visited webpage 'Activity log' for that lead.

This value is available as a constraint named 'Browser' to create smart list such as Visited web page 'Any link in that email'

Thus you can write a smart list / or a report with filter 'visited webpage', select that web page and Browser contraint contains 'iPhone'  or any of the values such as
iphone|ipad|ipod|android|blackberry|mini|windows\sce|palm

The User Agent / Browser contains

User Agent:
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-us; SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1
for my cellphone.

Hope this helps

Rajesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

seems like this a very good metric to have...THANKS!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some competing MA software platforms do offer the ability to denote the email client used by recipients. Not sure if this is on Marketo's roadmap or not.