Re: Email Insights? Does anyone else feel this is completely non-intuitive?

Erin_Olsen2
Level 3

Email Insights? Does anyone else feel this is completely non-intuitive?

I was just diving into the Email Insights tool to do a little research on how my emails are performing. I haven't taken the time to watch any tutorials, but does anyone else feel this product is non intuitive and makes little sense? I have been using Marketo for a long time and email metrics are pretty basic... but I guess I need to spend some time watching or reading the tutorials. Curious what others think.

Erin

Tags (1)
26 REPLIES 26
Jennifer_Bisho1
Level 4

I agree with you.  And it's not very intuitive on how to create custom dimensions either.  I actually set up a mentoring session for Email Insights next week.  If the mentor happens to share any helpful links/tutorials (aside from the product docs.), I will post them here for you

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

a lot of it comes down to what you're looking for and how well your system and/or naming conventions are setup. I've found a lot of value being able to check device, location and email type, quickly with only a few clicks. To do too much more or to get in the weeds it becomes a bit more complicated -- but again, depends what you're looking to do.

The reason this doesn't "feel" like native marketo is because it was an acquisition back in 2016, I believe. It's come along way since then. Have you read through all the support docs on it to find out how to do what you want? Email Insights - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

Curious to hear more of what you're trying to do...

Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

My personal opinion is that the email performance reports should have been enhanced to include the data and visualizations that email insights provides. But that's just me.

Dan_Stevens_

You’re spot-on Darrell.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. I feel like I have to work harder to get the data I need from email performance reports than I have had to using other software like IBM Marketing Cloud/Silverpop and WhatCounts Publicaster/Campaigner.

Jennifer_Bisho1
Level 4

Agree with everyone here.  As much as I love using Marketo, the analytics are severely lacking.  I really hate that when I want to pull a Smart List of contacts that clicked on links in an email, that the report does not provide a URL column next to their name.  So you have to pull a separate Smart List for every link.

Trinity_Levens3
Level 3

Yes Jennifer, I agree we want to see this data on users who clicked which link rather than an aggregate display, what would be cool is for Email Link Performance to allow a drill down link on the number displayed per link, like a mini RCA report, wonder if there's an upvote somewhere on this. 

Dan_Stevens_

Vote here:

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Voted

-Greg