SOLVED

Re: Email Footer vs Admin Footer

Go to solution
Reyna_Fundador2
Level 1

Email Footer vs Admin Footer

Is there a way to have both email footer and admin footer active in Marketo? We use Admin footer for all nurture emails and turning it off will remove the unsubscribe information. We just created a new email template with a new footer snippet and when we send samples, it shows there are 2 footers. Is there a way to hide the admin footer and just show the template footer? Screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 10.42.02 AM.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Reyna,

Use token {{system.unsubscribeLink}} where your custom unsubscribe link is, so that Marketo strips off default Unsub text from bottom of email. 

Thanks!

Priyank  

View solution in original post

Amit_Jain
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Surprisingly, I was working on a similar thing today and the solution I found is based on Marketo system functionality which is, if you have an active footer in admin and you use {{system.unsubscribeLink}} in your email/template it will not show the admin part. Using that theory I did following with my custom footer in template (the reason I had to do this because in admin we have the default subscription center page but for this email template, we have to use business unit specific subscription center page):

<a href="https://{{my.Subscription-Center-Page}}?email_address={{lead.Email Address}}">here</a><a href="{{system.unsubscribeLink}}"></a>.

As you can see, I have added extra blank <a> tag with {{system.unsubscribeLink}}. This is just to tell the system not to load anything from admin but it will not show anything in the email.  With this, you can have admin footer as well as your customized footer active at the same time.

Regards,
Amit

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please remove the attachment and paste the image inline.  Not all Nation users can see attachments, so they are very confusing.

SanfordWhiteman

You can have the Admin Unsubscribe HTML draw its content from a {{my.token}}.

Then override this token (to an empty HTML comment, for example) at the Program level if you want to it to be superseded by content within the email asset itself.

Reyna_Fundador2
Level 1

Thank you Sanford! Is there a detailed documentation on this? Not sure, where I would start on doing this. 

SanfordWhiteman

Nothing specific, just like I said... the Admin Unsubscribe contains a {{my.token}} and you override that like you would any other token.

Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Reyna,

Use token {{system.unsubscribeLink}} where your custom unsubscribe link is, so that Marketo strips off default Unsub text from bottom of email. 

Thanks!

Priyank  

Amit_Jain
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Surprisingly, I was working on a similar thing today and the solution I found is based on Marketo system functionality which is, if you have an active footer in admin and you use {{system.unsubscribeLink}} in your email/template it will not show the admin part. Using that theory I did following with my custom footer in template (the reason I had to do this because in admin we have the default subscription center page but for this email template, we have to use business unit specific subscription center page):

<a href="https://{{my.Subscription-Center-Page}}?email_address={{lead.Email Address}}">here</a><a href="{{system.unsubscribeLink}}"></a>.

As you can see, I have added extra blank <a> tag with {{system.unsubscribeLink}}. This is just to tell the system not to load anything from admin but it will not show anything in the email.  With this, you can have admin footer as well as your customized footer active at the same time.

Regards,
Amit

Yash
Level 4 - Community Advisor

Thanks so much, @Amit_Jain! It's working perfectly fine 🙂 Thanks again!