Email Footer Edit?

Mountain
Level 1

Email Footer Edit?

Hi all!

Recent accidental Marketo Admin here. I have some front-end dev and other marketing automation knowledge, but really green in Marketo. Tried a fair amount of googling / Marketo Help section / searching these boards, but not finding what I need so going to fire out a question that probably is lacking many important details that I am unaware of. Thanks for your bearing with me!

I have been asked to change a URL in an email footer.  I went into the email template, found the two references to the URL and changed them. The URL's are changing from "xxxabc.com" to "abc.com". Pretty easy, I thought. On save, I'm getting the following errors:

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 11.54.25 AM.png

Does this have to do with  the mce:protected designation from this line of code?  "<!--mce:protected %3C%21==//mainContainer%20Section==%3E-->"

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Mountain
Level 1

Re: Email Footer Edit?

And also, how do I fix this?   🙂

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Email Footer Edit?

The errors are referring to the id attributes on those 2 elements. In HTML4, which is the standard you have to adhere to for HTML email (not HTML5) id cannot have spaces.

P.S. If you need a dummy domain, please don't use somebody's private registered domain. Use the actual 2LD and TLD designed for examples: example.com, abc.example and another.example are all designed for use in examples/documentation.