Re: Email Deliverability Tools - 250ok, Glockapps, ReturnPath, Litmus

Mackenzie_Warre
Level 2

Email Deliverability Tools - 250ok, Glockapps, ReturnPath, Litmus

What has everyone's experience been with email deliverability tools? My team  has the Marketo Email Deliverability PowerPack,which leverages 250ok, but we've also tested Glockapps and the spam testing functionality in Litmus. The problem is that we're getting significantly different results across the different platforms, which means we don't know what to trust. We plan to continue testing these tools to get a better sense of what drives the results on each platform, but in the meantime I'm curious what everyone else's experience has been with any of these tools.

Tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
John_Lane
Level 2

I would also like to hear some thoughts, in terms of email creative content 250ok seems to do the trick. There may be some rendering differences from the preview to real world but with all the different configurations of handsets, software and mail clients I wouldnt expect perfection.

In terms of deliverability specifically for B2B clients, the information seems like it is hard to take action on any of the information that it provides. I have tried to research for some specific software to assist but have had no luck.

Mackenzie_Warre
Level 2

I've found the feedback provided by Glockapps to be the most actionable. 

Paul_Raybould
Level 2

I've taken to using https://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check and entering the IP address that emails from my Marketo come from. The only problem is I found we're blacklisted on one spamfilter. I've no indicator of this on the Marketo deliverability product. Plus I've also no way of being able to get unblocked using Marketo's email deliverability tool, so it's only real value I can see is tracking deliverability over time without any actionable insights.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Well, there are a lot of low-trust spam dbs out there... doesn't mean any of your recipients are actually consulting that DNSBL.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Marketo generally only works with one Spam List to auto remove you.

You have to follow the delisting process for each DNSBL. It may or may not help.

Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

We are also looking into Marketo's Email Deliverability Power Pack along with Email Informant and wanted to see if anyone had any feedback on either of these tools.

Mackenzie_Warre
Level 2

We have the Email Deliverability PowerPack and have a process in place for using it now with every send. It's powered by 250ok. The biggest benefit for us is that it lets you create a weighted seed list that reflects the makeup of your database, so that your results are more accurate. To get the most out of it, you really do have to use it a lot and actually take action on the feedback it gives. It's felt like a crash course in email deliverability since implementing it last year, but our deliverability has definitely improved.

Cory_Gabor1
Level 4

I have always had a good experience using Email on Acid and would recommend checking it out. 

Mackenzie_Warre
Level 2

We looked at Email on Acid and ended up with Litmus because people on the team were already familiar with it. The two tools seemed pretty comparable to me. The Email on Acid blog always comes up whenever I'm troubleshooting or looking for suggestions and best practices!