SOLVED

Re: Email Deliverability Reporting By Account, For All Emails in One Campaign?

Go to solution
Spencer_Philli1
Level 3

Email Deliverability Reporting By Account, For All Emails in One Campaign?

I was tasked with finding an answer regarding email deliverability by account and am struggling on the best way to get to the data I need.

Background: We recently ran a customer-only webinar and sent invites out of Marketo. We want to know deliverability by account. The concern is that one account may have received zero emails in the inbox and we want to see that data in Marketo.

The out of the box email performance and campaign email performance reports don't return people like a Smart List does (I'm aware there is a difference in how that data is collected / presented).

In trying to build out a SL I had put together something along the lines of:

• Member of a campaign is true
  • Customer is true (custom field)
  • Was Sent Email
    • Include Email 1
    • Email 2
    • Email 3, etc.
  • Not Was Delivered Email (I'm almost positive this is not the right filter for this use case....)

Can anyone please provide thoughts on how to approach getting this kind of insight?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nora_Slattery3
Level 4

Hi Spencer,

If you are still looking for a response here - you may wish to look into the functionality of a People Performance report. People Performance Report - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

I would:

- Create a report and group by Company Name/Account.

- Create custom columns (this is achieved through using smart lists) for the following 3 things:

1. Was sent email

2. Was sent email and was delivered

3. Was sent email and not was delivered

This option does make some assumptions about how your program and data is set-up but I find the People Performance Report can often be quite powerful and will give you the ability to drill down too.

If you get these sorts of requests often, I would recommend doing a bit of training on the People Performance Report if you don't have RCE.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

If you have RCE you can create an email analysis report showing the information you want quite easily.

pastedImage_0.png

If you don't have RCE you need to create "counter" fields that increment for the KPI you want to track, export the data and then do a pivot table in excel

pastedImage_1.png

EDIT: You could create a counter specifically for a campaign but most people would be using it as an aggregate across the whole database so it's easier to just buy the RCE add-on

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Retrospectively, if you don't have RCE or don't have the counter fields, you need to gather the data by exporting smartlists and doing a lot of work in excel:

1. export everyone in the campaign (0 is optional for the first smart list but for comparison I've included it)

pastedImage_2.png

2. increment the number in "Min Number of Times" and export again as many times as you need to

pastedImage_4.png

3. after each export, you need to do a vlookup to record the number of times sent - those that appear on the earlier export but don't appear on the newest export, have been sent the number of emails used to filter the earlier smartlist

4. repeat for delivered filter keeping any emails and date of activity the same as the sent filters

pastedImage_6.png

5. Create a pivot table the same way in my previous post

Nora_Slattery3
Level 4

Hi Spencer,

If you are still looking for a response here - you may wish to look into the functionality of a People Performance report. People Performance Report - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

I would:

- Create a report and group by Company Name/Account.

- Create custom columns (this is achieved through using smart lists) for the following 3 things:

1. Was sent email

2. Was sent email and was delivered

3. Was sent email and not was delivered

This option does make some assumptions about how your program and data is set-up but I find the People Performance Report can often be quite powerful and will give you the ability to drill down too.

If you get these sorts of requests often, I would recommend doing a bit of training on the People Performance Report if you don't have RCE.

Spencer_Philli1
Level 3

Thank you Nora! Very helpful.