SOLVED

Email Bounce CRM Best Practices

Go to solution
Paul_Johnson
Level 5

Email Bounce CRM Best Practices

I'd love to get some input on best practices of actions you should make take place in your CRM after emails start bouncing. Any ideas? Should I remove the email address? notate on the email field something like "this email address is invalid"? Create a new field in salesforce stating the email is invalid?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email Bounce CRM Best Practices

Hi Paul - we've put together a new "Email Cadence" section on all leads and contacts that detail if they've opted out, if they have expressed explicit consent (especially if they're in Canada, EMEA, or other "opt-in" countries) and finally we are discussing an email status field. I recommend creating a separate pick-list field to do something similar. I'd use 3 options - "Net-New, Confirmed Delivery, Bounced" and sales is not able to email a contact until it moves to "confirmed delivery"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Paul - we've put together a new "Email Cadence" section on all leads and contacts that detail if they've opted out, if they have expressed explicit consent (especially if they're in Canada, EMEA, or other "opt-in" countries) and finally we are discussing an email status field. I recommend creating a separate pick-list field to do something similar. I'd use 3 options - "Net-New, Confirmed Delivery, Bounced" and sales is not able to email a contact until it moves to "confirmed delivery"

Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Tabitha makes great points.

Yes, important to have a hard bounce field. And then create a data management trigger campaign that always listens for bounces, and then checks the hard bounce field.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Paul,

Here is a great resource from Kiersti Esparza about hard and soft bounce management for your Marketo instance. How to Manage Your Marketo Database for Deliverability

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's good to create a list of email invalid/email invalid reasons or hard bounce 2x or 3x to be marketing suspended and a trigger to take them out of marketing suspended once they open an email or click a link in an email. You can also change a lead status field to be triggered off or a checkbox field to let the sales team know it's an invalid email.