Email Address Token Doesn't Render in Unsubscribe Message

Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

Email Address Token Doesn't Render in Unsubscribe Message

We've had to disable form-prefill at the admin level, which now doesn't populate the email address on the unsubscribe form. To display the address they are unsubscribing (and since it's probably good practice, anyway), we'd like to include the recipient's Email Address in our system unsubscribe message. However, when I add the token, it doesn't render in the sample email, only showing up as: "This email was sent to {{lead.Email Address}}." (And I did select my lead on the send sample so that it would render any tokens.)

I've looked at another instance that does this, and it looks to be set up the same way; but that instance does render the email address token when I send myself a sample. Any ideas why the email address token wouldn't render?

Current Unsubscribe HTML:

<p style="text-align:center; color:#666666;" class="unsubscribe-centered"><font face="Verdana" size="1">If you wish to unsubscribe from Ivanti, which includes LANDESK, Wavelink, Shavlik, AppSense and Heat, then click here: <a style="color:#548dd4;" href="http://go.ivanti.com/unsubscribe.html">Unsubscribe</a><br/> </font></p>

New Unsubscribe HTML (that doesn't render the token):

<p style="text-align:center; color:#666666;" class="unsubscribe-centered"><font face="Verdana" size="1">This email was sent to {{lead.Email Address}}. If you wish to unsubscribe from Ivanti, which includes LANDESK, Wavelink, Shavlik, AppSense and Heat, then click here: <a style="color:#548dd4;" href="http://go.ivanti.com/unsubscribe.html">Unsubscribe</a><br/> </font></p>

Current Unsubscribe HTML (from other instance, which does render the token as expected):

<p style="text-align: center"><font face="Arial" color="5b5b53" size="1">This email was sent to {{lead.Email Address}}. If you no longer wish to receive these emails you may <a href="%mkt_opt_out_prefix%UnsubscribePage.html?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##">unsubscribe</a> at any time. </font> </p>

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Email Address Token Doesn't Render in Unsubscribe Message

Do a second test by sending an actual email, not a sample.

(I never use samples for anything token-related, be it Velocity or standard tokens.Yes, if the sample works, you can be 99.999% sure that a real email works. But not vice versa.)

Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

Re: Email Address Token Doesn't Render in Unsubscribe Message

I cretaed a smart campaign to send myself an actual live email using this unsubscribe HTML:

<p style="text-align:center; color:#666666;" class="unsubscribe-centered"><font face="Verdana" size="1">This email was sent to {{lead.Email Address}}. If you wish to unsubscribe from Ivanti, which includes LANDESK, Wavelink, Shavlik, AppSense and Heat, then click here: <a style="color:#548dd4;" href="http://go.ivanti.com/unsubscribe.html">Unsubscribe</a><br/> </font></p>

...and the result is below. Weird. Any idea what's going on? I changed it back to what it was before.

This email was sent to ${lead.Email_Address_1_0}. If you wish to unsubscribe from Ivanti, which includes LANDESK, Wavelink, Shavlik, AppSense and Heat, then click here: Unsubscribe