SOLVED

Email Activity Detail

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Activity Detail

Hi Community,

I've been searching and can't find a article that goes into thorough detail about Market's email activity. Can someone shed some light, I want to make sure I have a solid understanding when presenting the results/report to other people. 

SENT: qued to send?
DELIVERED: successfully delivered?
PENDING: before an email is considered a soft bounce, does the email fall into this category? 
SOFT BOUNCE: If an email is in the soft bounce category, then gets delivered after a 24h period, does it count as a soft bounce THEN delivered? 
CLICKED TO OPEN: Does this include people who have NOT downloaded the images with their email service? Does Marketo track each individual link or ALL the links? Are they unique clicks?
OPEN: Can you go into the open in more detail. Does this mean that clients will need to allow images/HTML to show by whitelisting the sender's email address or downloading the images for each mailing? If this is true, how do the plain text emails get recorded? Does marketo track these plain text emails when the sender's email address is not whitelisted? Is this what shows up in the preview mode BEFORE you hit download pictures? 

What is marketo's behavior with this? Please shed any light you can.

Thank you!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Email Activity Detail

• Sent - it was sent
  • delivered - delivered or did not receive a negative code. Not every system sends the OK.
  • Pending - it is queued to send or being re-sent
  • Soft Bounce- may be resent later
  • hard bounce- failed
  • clicked to open - this only includes known Opens. Marketo cannot know about people who did not download images. I wouldn't bother with most Open metrics as they are only directional.
  • Clicks - yes, any click other than unsub. Text clicks

Please see my slides on this at slideshare.net/jdavidhill

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

• Sent - it was sent
  • delivered - delivered or did not receive a negative code. Not every system sends the OK.
  • Pending - it is queued to send or being re-sent
  • Soft Bounce- may be resent later
  • hard bounce- failed
  • clicked to open - this only includes known Opens. Marketo cannot know about people who did not download images. I wouldn't bother with most Open metrics as they are only directional.
  • Clicks - yes, any click other than unsub. Text clicks

Please see my slides on this at slideshare.net/jdavidhill
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

If we wanted to measure the uniqure click through rate of each link, what report should I be looking into? We have on average 5+ unique links for each email (logo, 3 buttons, and main content), but I want to find a way to measure who is clicking on what link and if the same client comes back and clicks on another link, does that count as another open? 

What report should I be pulling to measure this? Right now I'm pulling the Email performance report, however our click through rate is a lot lower than we had anticipated (2.5%) and our goal is about double that. 

Please help!