Email 2.0 Template Issues?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email 2.0 Template Issues?

Has anyone seen this happening with their custom Email 2.0 templates?

Email Template Issue 1.png

When we go to drag-and-drop a module all of the content shifts to the side making it impossible to see where it will end up.

If so, thoughts on how to fix it?

11 REPLIES 11
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Re: Email 2.0 Template Issues?

We're having a networking issue on a couple pods that is causing images to be broken. Should be resolved in the next day. Can you email me anyway so I can make sure that's whats happening in your case?

jcooperman@marketo.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Justin,

Just sent you an email. I look forward to your help!

~Jaime

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Jaime,

If this is a custom template you developed, there might be a glitch in the code.

-Greg

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Yes, we resolved it offline. It was just an issue with how the modules and containers were defined.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jaime, I'm having a similar issue. Would you mind sharing how your problem was resolved?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Moving the container tag to a <td> and the module tags to <table> worked for me. I previously had the container and modules in <table> and <tr>, respectively.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Christa,

This was the same fix we implemented. Unfortunately, I can't update any of the emails built with the template as it errors out. Hoping you didn't build out as many as we did!

~Jaime

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jaime,

it is likely that your template has some more flaws. Where does it comme from ? Have you recently upgraded from editor v1? If so, have you read these posts ?

Testing the email editor 2.0: Great features, a few glitches and the strong need for a v2.1

Upgrading to the new email editor 2.0: a recommended migration path

Email editor 2.0 is leaving room for a v2.1

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gregoire,

We built this as a custom template. When we fixed the template and then uploaded the fix into Marketo it resulted in us not being able to open the email. I had ticket open with support but unfortunately they can't assist.

~Jaime