SOLVED

Re: Editing the Copyright Date on Landing Pages

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Editing the Copyright Date on Landing Pages

Hi All,

I've heard discussion of using a token, or something else, on the bottom of your landing pages to mark the year in your copyright.  That way, when the new year beings, you don't always need to create a new template, or update existing templates, and then re-approve all of the pages.  Seems like a great idea but unfortunately I can't figure out how to do it.  I feel like there's an easy solution, I'm just missing but any assistance you could give me, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Emily, we use this script on our landing pages so we don't even have to update them at the change of the year:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">document.write(new Date().getFullYear())</script>

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Emily, we use this script on our landing pages so we don't even have to update them at the change of the year:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">document.write(new Date().getFullYear())</script>

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Sorry, to clarify, if you replace your copyright year with that script in the template, it should automatically populate the current year.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Dory! I appreciate your help and clarification

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Emily,

Dory's method seems the best since it sounds like you do it once and your done. Just wanted to let you know that I'm pretty sure the solution you were thinking of was to use a snippet. Then all you would need to do is change the snippet every year and save it with the "no draft" option.

Denise

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for clarifying Denise!  You're right, it was a snippet and not a token - that explains my confusion