Editing batch campign logic after it has been run

Eve_Tate
Level 2

Editing batch campign logic after it has been run

I've set up a batch campaign using a static list (batch). I set the logic in the flow and hit run.

A day or 2 later I needed to change the time a subsequent email in the flow went out so I edited the logic in the flow tab and it saved.

However the email still went out at the original time - not the amended time.

Is it the case that once you set a batch campaign to run, you cannot alter the logic even if it changes in the flow tab of the smart campaign?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Editing batch campign logic after it has been run

Hi Eve, that is right you cannot change it.

You should use remove from flow and create a separate smart campaign to accomplish what you want to do.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

You can, but the time at which a person gets out of a wait step is step when the person enters the wait step. Any change to the wait step will only impact persons entering the wait step after the change. for all leads that were already ion the wait step when you changed it will not be impacted by the change.

This is the expected behavior, see Wait - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

-Greg

Anne_Angele1
Level 4

You can't edit any step that a lead has already entered. If you have leads sitting in a wait step, you can only edit anything AFTER the wait step.

If you need to extend out the wait, I would put another wait step immediately after (e.g. if the original wait was 7 days and now you need it to be 14 days, add another 7 day wait step immediately following the original).

If you need a shorter wait, I would remove any steps following the wait step as a safety net, run a separate smart campaign to remove leads from the original flow, then create a new smart campaign to complete the steps following the original wait step.

Eve_Tate
Level 2

Thank you guys!

That's been really helpful and I now know what I need to do going forward

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Just mark it as answered