Re: Editing a Marketo Email Template

Jake_Kalinoski
Level 2

Editing a Marketo Email Template

Hi there,

I am using the marketo newsletter template 'Flatiron' and am running into issues that seem to be with the coding. In the template, there are 3 sections that have an image on the left and text on the right. What's happening is that my own copy is more than the placement copy so the section gets a lot longer. The real though issue is that the image stays aligned with the header of the paragraph to its right instead of staying vertically centered in the section itself which is what I would like it to do. 

I have very little knowledge or experience with coding so I have been unsuccessful in figuring out the issue even with the help of google. I'm hoping someone in the community can help me solve this ASAP.

For an example:

pastedImage_3.png

This is what's happening. The left image is aligning with the right side header instead of aligning in the center of the section. 

Thanks,

Jake

2 REPLIES 2
Frank_Breen2
Level 10

I did some testing, I don't think this is possible with this template, the left and right section are completely separate <tables, this is required so that it is mobile responsive, what you are describing would be possible if it was just 2 <td tags beside each other, then you could use <td align="center" valign="middle" as normal. A work around would be to add a variable that increases the spacing at the top of the image, so that it kind of matches the text, you'd need to remove that spacing then on mobile view, this would require coding and testing, I would suggest you get help from a developer to do this.

Jake_Kalinoski
Level 2

Thanks for you're response Frank.