Re: Editing a Flow mid-Flow?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Editing a Flow mid-Flow?

Hi guys,

I had a flow that went like this:

(intended to be launched on August 25th)

Send Email

Wait until August 30th

Send Email

Then, I accidentally scheduled it to start too early and launched the batch on August 11th.

So, after it had launched on August 11th, I went back in and edited the (active) flow:

Send email

Wait until August 25th

Send Email

Wait until August 30th

Send Email

Will this work? Will it pick up the new steps? Or, because it had already launched prior to the edit, is it just going to do whatever it was going to do already?

Thanks!

Andrew

11 REPLIES 11
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Andrew,

The simple answer is this: if leads are already in a wait step, they will wait the full duration designated at the time they entered that wait step. If you change the wait step duration, it will instantly be active for new leads entering that flow, but those already in that wait step wait the full duration designated at the time they entered the wait step.

Ex. If a lead enters a 3 day wait step and is on their last day and the wait step changes to 2 days now, that lead will still wait the full 3 days.

Ex. If a lead enters a 2 day wait step and is on their last day and the wait step changes to 3 days now, that lead will still wait only 2 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, got it. So, to get that Aug 25th email out the way I wanted to, I'd need to create a standalone batch campaign. OK, thanks!

Andrew

Devraj_Grewal

If leads have already received the email on the 11th, they will not be able to receive the same email again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I made a different email for this round

Josh_Hill13

Devraj, that's only in an Engagement.

Devraj_Grewal

I was under the impression that a lead cannot receive the same email more than once.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Devraj,

From a  smart campaign yes, a lead can received the same email twice or even an unlimited number of times. The "same email only once" is from engagement programs only.

-Greg

Devraj_Grewal

Appreciate the clarification guys.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Devraj what you may have referred to is the rule that the same email address won't receive the same email in a smart campaign twice as far as duplicate records are concerned. otherwise, as others mentioned, if there are multiple send email steps in a flow for the same email campaign, the same lead can and will receive them more than once.